This Blog has been created for people experiencing computer related issues. You can find or request assistance with any computer related issues such as hardware/ software/ virus removal/ data recovery/ data back-up etc
We also provide assistance with all mobile related issues, but that will not be posted here. You will have to send a mail to us, we will reply to your mail with the solution.
-Roshan. H. Pillai
Viruses are a common threat that all computer users around the world face. Many do not know
the ways to eliminate virus from the system so they end up paying lots of money to professionals to remove it.
There are ways with which you can remove all kind of virus from your computer. Here we will list all the possible ways with which you can free your computer from virus.
Here we go....
Whenever you come to know that your computer is infected by a virus, the first thing that you should do is turn off System Restore on your computer. System restore is used by the operating system to create a snapshot of your computer on a particular date, this can be used to restore your computer to that date if a problem arises. Now, if your computer is infected by a virus the virus will create a copy of itself in the restore file, so that even if you delete the virus it can return on system restart. To turn off system restore press the windows + pause break key >>>In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab >>> click to select the turn off System Restore on all drives check box >>> click OK.
Open the taskmanager and check if you see any suspicious processes running in the processes tab. Most virus have wierd names like abcd.exe, blank.exe, qwhryt.exe...etc, some are also written in caps. End any such process and run a scan on the computer. Also,the important thing is to keey your anti-virus software updated regularly.
Open your browser settings and set the security and privacy settings to high/medium. In Internet Explorer click on tools on top >>> Internet Options >>> click on the Security tab >>> Reset to Medium, make sure that all the active X setting it set to "prompt". Next click on the privacy tab >>> set the slider to medium high >>> Click Apply >>> Ok.
The next thing you should do is boot your computer from safemode and run a scan on the computer with the antivirus software that you have. Some viruses are not activated in safe-mode, so they can be detected and removed effectively. To boot into safe mode, keep hitting the F8 key on your keyboard as soon as the computer starts, select safe mofe with command prompt and hit enter,click "Yes"on any prompt that you might get.
Some virus may prevent your computer from booting into safemode. They might also not be detected in the normal mode using an anti-virus software. In this case you can download and run a small application known as Combofix. This app although small is extremely powerful in rliminating virus. You will have to shut down your antivirus software before running Combofix. Also note that you should rename the file name to "Combo-fix.exe" without the quotes while downloading it. Once you run the application it will change the date and time of your computer and start scanning and removing the threats. Once Combofix completes the scan, run a normal scan with your antivirus.
We are not responsible for any damages that might occur. This is a FREE Public service. We will also not accept any other liability either. We do not work for either AVG, Bleeping Computers or ESET. We are freelance system engineers.
1. Do not click on any advertisements that pops up, just close them. They install an adware on your computer that will make your browser redirect to their websites. Although harmless, they are quite a nuisance, a stupid marketing strategy.
2. Do not visit porn sites or sites that gives you keys/serials/cracks for softwares. These sites are notorious for infecting computers with some rather serious threats that can steal your personal information.
3. Always scan any removable media like pen drives/CD-DVD/ external storage before opening the folders or copying any data.
4. Do not trust anyone with your computer. Never give full access to your computer to anyone, even your family members. Create seperate accounts for everone who uses it and keep it password protected. If possible create accouts with limited access for others.
5. Never open mails from unknown persons or company. Just delete them or move it to the spam mail folder. Mail titles are written intelligently to make you open them, no one is going to give you $1,000,000 or a freebie. These, may contain no virus but they may fool you into beliving them, only to make you pay them your hard earned money.
6. Always keep your wireless connection at home secured with a password. Anyone can connect to your unsecured wireless network and do illegal stuff or perform terrorist activities, you will be pulled up for it by the authorities since it is your fault.
7. Lastly, always keep your security software updated.
To download Combofix click on this link : http://comboo.notlong.com/
We recommend AVG antivirus. You can download a free version. Although free it is a very powerful software in virus removal. Click on this link to download AVG : http://free.avg.com/
One more good software is ESET Nod32. However, it is not free. But they provide a trial version which is equally effective. Click on this link to download Nod32 : http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download_int.php
Next Topic will be to speed up slow computer
Do not hesitate to post or request assistance with any computer related issues that you are experiencing, we will definitely provide effective solution for free.
View our other blog on fixing fake pen drives: http://www.thefake32gbs.blogspot.com/